No doubt the modern lifestyle has made our lives easier. There are a lot of advancements in the field of medicine, travel, technology, etc but on the same side, it also has a major impact on our health. Modern-day living is a collection of developing technology and social media. Communication channels are so quickly evolving every part of our lives that it is becoming difficult to adjust. Because of this modern lifestyle, we are forced to adopt some unhealthy behavior, which in effect leads to health-related problems such as cardiovascular disorders, diabetes, cancers, respiratory diseases, etc. This kind of living not only affects our daily lives physically but also socially and psychologically. So, here in this post, I am going to discuss the top 5 health problems of the modern lifestyle.
- Excessive Use Of Technology Causes Blurry Vision: Modern technology has given many benefits to humans. It has made things better like the ease of communication, traveling, etc. Machines are used for daily activities such as cooking, washing, cleaning, thus lowering the need for bodily work making people relying on it a while. New technology will please us, but when it becomes crazy the problem begins. And the most commonly used technology is mobile phones. Mobile phones have recently become an important part of the life of every single person. Yet, it may be a burden or a blessing. People are becoming compulsive and their lives are missing their human side. Constant viewing on a screen causes short-sightedness, low concentration, sleep disturbance, and other potential health risks. Besides that, excessive use of it also causes pain in the neck and back.
- Obesity: The food has also been quick with the fast-paced modern living. In a highly competitive environment, there is no time for people to prepare food or sit and eat gradually. As a result, people switch to fast-foods, preservative-loaded frozen meals, and miss balanced nutritious meals. Thus, resulting in unwanted diseases and trouble. Fatness is on the upswing, and together with diabetes and high blood pressure has now become a serious problem. Based on a study, India’s rate of obesity has increased over the last decade. Our bodies depend on medications and supplements instead of actual nutritious foods.
- Sleep Depreciation: Some facets of new living such as television, computer monitors, commute times, the gap between job and home time have led to sleep disorders. We all know that a person needs a minimum of 7 hours of proper rest to maintain a healthy lifestyle but we hardly stick to this schedule. Poor sleep affects the body from strengthening the immune system and developing infection-fighting cytokines. This indicates that a person takes a bit longer to heal from sickness and heightens the risk of chronic disease. Besides that, it also influences the body and contributes to fatness. Sleeplessness can also cause diabetes and heart disease.
- Depression: Research has shown that people who spent more time on social media are either depressed or lonely, thus raising the question that is social media affecting our happiness or are unhappy people use social media. Moreover, regular users were 2.7 times more likely to develop depression compared to people who checked social networking sites less regularly.
- Hearing Loss: A report by WHO shows that over one billion youngsters globally run the risk of losing their hearing power through improper listening practices. On over a few minutes of exposure to sound above 85 decibels losses sensitive audio-sensing hair cells depth inside the ear. Such cells identify all we listen, and once ruined, they cannot be rebuilt and listening loss is permanent. Experts claim volume does not exceed 60 percent of the average sound of a specific audio system. Besides that, listening to music via headphones should be restricted to 1 hour.
Conclusion: Modern life may raise the risk of certain health problems, but it can help to keep our mental wellbeing in check if we maintain a balance among online and real social relationships. So, if you think you need assistance regarding your health issues then it is advisable to visit the best hospital near you.